Synonyms of fundamental
- 1. fundamental, factor
- usage: any factor that could be considered important to the understanding of a particular business; "fundamentals include a company's growth, revenues, earnings, management, and capital structure"
- 2. fundamental, fundamental frequency, first harmonic, harmonic
- usage: the lowest tone of a harmonic series
- 1. cardinal, central, fundamental, key, primal, important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: serving as an essential component; "a cardinal rule"; "the central cause of the problem"; "an example that was fundamental to the argument"; "computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure"
- 2. fundamental, rudimentary, underlying, basic (vs. incidental)
- usage: being or involving basic facts or principles; "the fundamental laws of the universe"; "a fundamental incomatibility between them"; "these rudimentary truths"; "underlying principles"
- 3. fundamental, profound, significant (vs. insignificant), important
- usage: far-reaching and thoroughgoing in effect especially on the nature of something; "the fundamental revolution in human values that has occurred"; "the book underwent fundamental changes"; "committed the fundamental error of confusing spending with extravagance"; "profound social changes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fundamental (Dictionary)