- 1. furlough, leave, leave of absence
- usage: a temporary leave of absence from military duty
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. furlough, lay off, displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate
- usage: dismiss, usually for economic reasons; "She was laid off together with hundreds of other workers when the company downsized"
- 2. furlough, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: grant a leave to; "The prisoner was furloughed for the weekend to visit her children"
All rights reserved.
See also: furlough (Dictionary)