Synonyms of gantlet
- 1. gauntlet, gantlet, challenge
- usage: to offer or accept a challenge; "threw down the gauntlet"; "took up the gauntlet"
- 2. gauntlet, gantlet, metal glove, glove
- usage: a glove of armored leather; protects the hand
- 3. gauntlet, gantlet, glove
- usage: a glove with long sleeve
- 4. gantlet, railroad track, railroad, railway
- usage: the convergence of two parallel railroad tracks in a narrow place; the inner rails cross and run parallel and then diverge so a train remains on its own tracks at all times
- 5. gauntlet, gantlet, corporal punishment
- usage: a form of punishment in which a person is forced to run between two lines of men facing each other and armed with clubs or whips to beat the victim
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gantlet (Dictionary)