Synonyms of get off
- 1. get off, exit, go out, get out, leave
- usage: leave a vehicle, aircraft, etc.
- 2. get off
- usage: be relieved of one's duties temporarily
- 3. send, get off, send off, transfer
- usage: transfer; "The spy sent the classified information off to Russia"
- 4. get off
- usage: cause to be acquitted; get off the hook; in a legal case; "The lawyer got him off, even though there was no doubt in everybody's mind that he killed his wife"
- 5. get off, get away, get by, get out, escape, avoid
- usage: escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action; "She gets away with murder!"; "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"
- 6. get off, love, enjoy
- usage: enjoy in a sexual way; "He gets off on shoes"
- 7. unhorse, dismount, light, get off, get down, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: alight from (a horse)
- 8. hop out, get off, exit, go out, get out, leave
- usage: get out of quickly; "The officer hopped out when he spotted an illegally parked car"
- 9. mail, get off, send, send out
- usage: send via the postal service; "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
- 10. trip, trip out, turn on, get off
- usage: get high, stoned, or drugged; "He trips every weekend"
- 11. get off, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: deliver verbally; "He got off the best line I've heard in a long time"
All rights reserved.