Synonyms of go by
- 1. goby, gudgeon, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: small spiny-finned fish of coastal or brackish waters having a large head and elongated tapering body having the ventral fins modified as a sucker
- 1. elapse, lapse, pass, slip by, glide by, slip away, go by, slide by, go along, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: pass by; "three years elapsed"
- 2. travel by, pass by, surpass, go past, go by, pass, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move past; "A black limousine passed by when she looked out the window"; "He passed his professor in the hall"; "One line of soldiers surpassed the other"
- 3. go by, go under
- usage: be called; go by a certain name; "She goes by her maiden name again"
- 4. go by, follow, conform to
- usage: be or act in accordance with; "Go by this rule and you'll be safe"
All rights reserved.