Synonyms of go for
- 1. apply, hold, go for, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: be pertinent or relevant or applicable; "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
- 2. accept, consent, go for, react, respond
- usage: give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to; "I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution"
- 3. hope, go for, plan, be after
- usage: intend with some possibility of fulfilment; "I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
- 4. fancy, go for, take to, desire, want
- usage: have a fancy or particular liking or desire for; "She fancied a necklace that she had seen in the jeweler's window"
- 5. try for, go for, compete, vie, contend
- usage: make an attempt at achieving something; "She tried for the Olympics"
All rights reserved.