Synonyms of go on
- 1. lout, clod, stumblebum, goon, oaf, lubber, lummox, lump, gawk, clumsy person
- usage: an awkward stupid person
- 2. hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer, criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
- usage: an aggressive and violent young criminal
- 1. continue, go on, proceed, go along, keep, act, move
- usage: continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
- 2. happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- 3. advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
- 4. continue, go on, carry on, proceed, talk, speak
- usage: continue talking; "I know it's hard," he continued, "but there is no choice"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
- 5. go on, come up, come on, start, go, get going
- usage: start running, functioning, or operating; "the lights went on"; "the computer came up"
All rights reserved.