Synonyms of greedy
- 1. avaricious, covetous, grabby, grasping, greedy, prehensile, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth; "they are avaricious and will do anything for money"; "casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields"; "a grasping old miser"; "grasping commercialism"; "greedy for money and power"; "grew richer and greedier"; "prehensile employers stingy with raises for their employees"
- 2. avid, devouring(prenominal), esurient, greedy, desirous (vs. undesirous), wishful
- usage: (often followed by `for') ardently or excessively desirous; "avid for adventure"; "an avid ambition to succeed"; "fierce devouring affection"; "the esurient eyes of an avid curiosity"; "greedy for fame"
- 3. greedy, gluttonous (vs. abstemious)
- usage: wanting to eat or drink more than one can reasonably consume; "don't be greedy with the cookies"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of greedy (Dictionary)