Synonyms of grind
- 1. swot, grind, nerd, wonk, dweeb, learner, scholar, assimilator
- usage: an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
- 2. grind, degree, grade, level
- usage: the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground; "a coarse grind of coffee"
- 3. drudgery, plodding, grind, donkeywork, labor, labour, toil
- usage: hard monotonous routine work
- 4. grind, mill, pulverization, pulverisation, crush, crunch, compaction
- usage: the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- 1. crunch, cranch, craunch, grind, press
- usage: press or grind with a crushing noise
- 2. grate, grind, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together; "grate one's teeth in anger"
- 3. labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil, work, do work
- usage: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- 4. grind, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- 5. grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
- 6. grind, make, create
- usage: created by grinding; "grind designs into the glass bowl"
- 7. grind, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: shape or form by grinding; "grind lenses for glasses and cameras"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of grind (Dictionary)