Synonyms of grinding
- 1. grinding, atom, molecule, particle, corpuscle, mote, speck
- usage: material resulting from the process of grinding; "vegetable grindings clogged the drain"
- 2. grinding, noise
- usage: a harsh and strident sound (as of the grinding of gears)
- 3. grinding, abrasion, attrition, detrition, friction, rubbing
- usage: the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
- 1. crunch, cranch, craunch, grind, press
- usage: press or grind with a crushing noise
- 2. grate, grind, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together; "grate one's teeth in anger"
- 3. labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil, work, do work
- usage: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- 4. grind, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- 5. grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
- 6. grind, make, create
- usage: created by grinding; "grind designs into the glass bowl"
- 7. grind, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: shape or form by grinding; "grind lenses for glasses and cameras"
All rights reserved.