- 1. guarantee, warrant, warrantee, warranty, assurance, pledge
- usage: a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
- 2. guarantee, assurance, pledge
- usage: an unconditional commitment that something will happen or that something is true; "there is no guarantee that they are not lying"
- 3. guarantee, guaranty, collateral
- usage: a collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. guarantee, vouch, pledge, plight
- usage: give surety or assume responsibility; "I vouch for the quality of my products"
- 2. guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure
- usage: make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
- 3. undertake, guarantee, promise, assure
- usage: promise to do or accomplish; "guarantee to free the prisoners"
- 4. guarantee, warrant, back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support
- usage: stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of; "The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"; "I warrant this information"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of guarantee (Dictionary)