Synonyms of guiding
- 1. steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise, control, command
- usage: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- 2. lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
- 3. guide, steer, direct
- usage: be a guiding or motivating force or drive; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
- 4. guide, guide on, orient, orientate
- usage: use as a guide; "They had the lights to guide on"
- 5. guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: pass over, across, or through; "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers"
- 1. guiding, leading (vs. following)
- usage: exerting control or influence; "a guiding principle"
- 2. directing, directional, directive, guiding, leading (vs. following)
- usage: showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on; "felt his mother's directing arm around him"; "the directional role of science on industrial progress"
All rights reserved.