Synonyms of gumming
- 1. mumbling, gumming, chew, chewing, mastication, manduction
- usage: ineffectual chewing (as if without teeth)
- 1. gum, put on, apply
- usage: cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum; "if you gum the tape it is stronger"
- 2. mumble, gum, chew, masticate, manducate, jaw
- usage: grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty; "the old man had no teeth left and mumbled his food"
- 3. gum, change
- usage: become sticky
- 4. gum, exude, exudate, transude, ooze out, ooze
- usage: exude or form gum; "these trees gum in the Spring"
All rights reserved.