- 1. disabled, handicapped, people
- usage: people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped; "technology to help the elderly and the disabled"
- 1. disable, invalid, incapacitate, handicap, injure, wound
- usage: injure permanently; "He was disabled in a car accident"
- 2. handicap, bias
- usage: attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race) and assign odds for or against a contestant
- 3. handicap, hinder, hamper, disadvantage, disfavor, disfavour
- usage: put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disabled, handicapped, unfit (vs. fit)
- usage: incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
All rights reserved.
See also: handicapped (Dictionary)