Synonyms of haphazard
- 1. haphazard, hit-or-miss, random (vs. nonrandom)
- usage: dependent upon or characterized by chance; "a haphazard plan of action"; "his judgment is rather hit-or-miss"
- 2. haphazard, slapdash, slipshod, sloppy, careless (vs. careful)
- usage: marked by great carelessness; "a most haphazard system of record keeping"; "slapdash work"; "slipshod spelling"; "sloppy workmanship"
- 1. haphazard, haphazardly
- usage: without care; in a slapdash manner; "the Prime Minister was wearing a grey suit and a white shirt with a soft collar, but his neck had become thinner and the collar stood away from it as if it had been bought haphazard"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of haphazard (Dictionary)