Synonyms of hardened
- 1. harden, indurate, change
- usage: become hard or harder; "The wax hardened"
- 2. harden, indurate, change
- usage: make hard or harder; "The cold hardened the butter"
- 3. temper, harden, modify
- usage: harden by reheating and cooling in oil; "temper steel"
- 4. season, harden, toughen
- usage: make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- 5. inure, harden, indurate, habituate, accustom
- usage: cause to accept or become hardened to; habituate; "He was inured to the cold"
- 1. case-hardened, hardened, hard-boiled, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: used of persons; emotionally hardened; "faced a case-hardened judge"
- 2. tempered (vs. untempered), treated, hardened, toughened, curable, sunbaked
- usage: made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment; "a sword of tempered steel"; "tempered glass"
- 3. hardened (vs. soft)
- usage: protected against attack (especially by nuclear weapons); "hardened missile silos"
- 4. enured, inured, hardened, tough (vs. tender), toughened
- usage: made tough by habitual exposure; "hardened fishermen"; "a peasant, dark, lean-faced, wind-inured"- Robert Lynd; "our successors...may be graver, more inured and equable men"- V.S.Pritchett
- 5. hardened, set, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: converted to solid form (as concrete)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hardened (Dictionary)