Synonyms of hardening
- 1. hardening, symptom
- usage: abnormal hardening or thickening of tissue
- 2. hardening, solidifying, solidification, set, curing, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: the process of becoming hard or solid by cooling or drying or crystallization; "the hardening of concrete"; "he tested the set of the glue"
- 3. hardening, change of integrity
- usage: the act of making something harder (firmer or tighter or more compact)
- 1. harden, indurate, change
- usage: become hard or harder; "The wax hardened"
- 2. harden, indurate, change
- usage: make hard or harder; "The cold hardened the butter"
- 3. temper, harden, modify
- usage: harden by reheating and cooling in oil; "temper steel"
- 4. season, harden, toughen
- usage: make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- 5. inure, harden, indurate, habituate, accustom
- usage: cause to accept or become hardened to; habituate; "He was inured to the cold"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hardening (Dictionary)