Synonyms of hardy
- 1. Hardy, Oliver Hardy
- usage: United States slapstick comedian who played the pompous and overbearing member of the Laurel and Hardy duo who made many films (1892-1957)
- 2. Hardy, Thomas Hardy
- usage: English novelist and poet (1840-1928)
- 1. hardy, stalwart, stout, sturdy, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships; "hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
- 2. hardy, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: able to survive under unfavorable weather conditions; "strawberries are hardy and easy to grow"; "camels are tough and hardy creatures"
- 3. audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, hardy, intrepid, unfearing, bold (vs. timid)
- usage: invulnerable to fear or intimidation; "audacious explorers"; "fearless reporters and photographers"; "intrepid pioneers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hardy (Dictionary)