- 1. harmonic, tone, pure tone
- usage: a tone that is a component of a complex sound
- 2. harmonic, timbre, timber, quality, tone
- usage: any of a series of musical tones whose frequencies are integral multiples of the frequency of a fundamental
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harmonic (vs. nonharmonic)
- usage: of or relating to harmony as distinct from melody and rhythm; "subtleties of harmonic change and tonality"- Ralph Hill
- 2. harmonic
- usage: of or relating to harmonics
- 3. harmonic
- usage: of or relating to the branch of acoustics that studies the composition of musical sounds; "the sound of the resonating cavity cannot be the only determinant of the harmonic response"
- 4. harmonic, sympathetic, harmonious (vs. inharmonious)
- usage: relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body; "sympathetic vibration"
- 5. consonant, harmonic, harmonical, harmonized, harmonised, harmonious (vs. inharmonious)
- usage: involving or characterized by harmony
All rights reserved.
See also: harmonic (Dictionary)