Synonyms of harsh
- 1. harsh, rough, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: unpleasantly stern; "wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"; "the nomad life is rough and hazardous"
- 2. harsh, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: disagreeable to the senses; "the harsh cry of a blue jay"; "harsh cognac"; "the harsh white light makes you screw up your eyes"; "harsh irritating smoke filled the hallway"
- 3. coarse (vs. fine), harsh, coarse-grained, large-grained, farinaceous, coarse-grained, grainy, granular, granulose, gritty, mealy, granulated, plushy, plush-like, loose, open, rough#1, unsmooth
- usage: of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles; "coarse meal"; "coarse sand"; "a coarse weave"
- 4. harsh, rough, unkind (vs. kind)
- usage: unkind or cruel or uncivil; "had harsh words"; "a harsh and unlovable old tyrant"; "a rough answer"
- 5. harsh, heavy (vs. light)
- usage: severe; "a harsh penalty"
- 6. harsh, abrasive, disagreeable (vs. agreeable)
- usage: sharply disagreeable; rigorous; "the harsh facts of court delays"; "an abrasive character"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of harsh (Dictionary)