Synonyms of hazard
- 1. hazard, jeopardy, peril, risk, endangerment, danger
- usage: a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune; "drinking alcohol is a health hazard"
- 2. luck, fortune, chance, hazard, phenomenon
- usage: an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another; "bad luck caused his downfall"; "we ran into each other by pure chance"
- 3. hazard, obstacle
- usage: an obstacle on a golf course
- 1. guess, venture, pretend, hazard, speculate
- usage: put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- 2. venture, hazard, adventure, stake, jeopardize, risk, put on the line, lay on the line
- usage: put at risk; "I will stake my good reputation for this"
- 3. gamble, chance, risk, hazard, take chances, adventure, run a risk, take a chance, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hazard (Dictionary)