Synonyms of heap
- 1. pile, heap, mound, agglomerate, cumulation, cumulus, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- 2. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 3. bus, jalopy, heap, car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar, dysphemism
- usage: a car that is old and unreliable; "the fenders had fallen off that old bus"
- 1. heap, give
- usage: bestow in large quantities; "He heaped him with work"; "She heaped scorn upon him"
- 2. stack, pile, heap, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in stacks; "heap firewood around the fireplace"; "stack your books up on the shelves"
- 3. heap, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill to overflow; "heap the platter with potatoes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of heap (Dictionary)