Synonyms of heartbeat
- 1. pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat, periodic event, recurrent event
- usage: the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart; "he could feel the beat of her heart"
- 2. blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute, moment, mo, minute, second, bit
- usage: a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
- 3. heartbeat, force
- usage: an animating or vital unifying force; "New York is the commercial heartbeat of America"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of heartbeat (Dictionary)