Synonyms of heat
- 1. heat, heat energy, energy, free energy
- usage: a form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
- 2. hotness, heat, high temperature, temperature
- usage: the presence of heat
- 3. heat, warmth, temperature
- usage: the sensation caused by heat energy
- 4. heat, warmth, passion, emotionality, emotionalism
- usage: the trait of being intensely emotional
- 5. estrus, oestrus, heat, rut, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
- 6. heat, race
- usage: a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
- 7. heating system, heating plant, heating, heat, utility
- usage: utility to warm a building; "the heating system wasn't working"; "they have radiant heating"
- 1. heat, heat up, change, alter, modify
- usage: make hot or hotter; "the sun heats the oceans"; "heat the water on the stove"
- 2. heat, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with heat; "heat the house"
- 3. inflame, stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- 4. heat, hot up, heat up, change state, turn
- usage: gain heat or get hot; "The room heated up quickly"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of heat (Dictionary)