WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. heavily, to a great extent
- usage: to a considerable degree; "he relied heavily on others' data"
- 2. heavily
- usage: in a heavy-footed manner; "he walked heavily up the three flights to his room"
- 3. heavily
- usage: with great force; "she hit her arm heavily against the wall"
- 4. heavily
- usage: in a manner designed for heavy duty; "a heavily constructed car"; "heavily armed"
- 5. heavy, heavily
- usage: slowly as if burdened by much weight; "time hung heavy on their hands"
- 6. heavily
- usage: in a labored manner; "he breathed heavily"
- 7. heavily, intemperately, hard
- usage: indulging excessively; "he drank heavily"
All rights reserved.
See also: heavily (Dictionary)