Synonyms of help
- 1. aid, assist, assistance, help, activity
- usage: the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- 2. assistant, helper, help, supporter, worker
- usage: a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"
- 3. aid, assistance, help, resource
- usage: a resource; "visual aids in teaching"
- 4. avail, help, service, helpfulness
- usage: a means of serving; "of no avail"; "there's no help for it"
- 1. help, assist, aid, support, back up
- usage: give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
- 2. help, aid, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
- 3. help, facilitate, serve
- usage: be of use; "This will help to prevent accidents"
- 4. help oneself, help, refrain, forbear
- usage: abstain from doing; always used with a negative; "I can't help myself--I have to smoke"; "She could not help watching the sad spectacle"
- 5. serve, help, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: help to some food; help with food or drink; "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
- 6. help, promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
- usage: contribute to the furtherance of; "This money will help the development of literacy in developing countries"
- 7. avail, help, exploit, work
- usage: take or use; "She helped herself to some of the office supplies"
- 8. help, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve; change for the better; "New slipcovers will help the old living room furniture"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of help (Dictionary)