Synonyms of hemlock
- 1. hemlock, plant toxin, phytotoxin
- usage: poisonous drug derived from an Eurasian plant of the genus Conium; "Socrates refused to flee and died by drinking hemlock"
- 2. hemlock, poison hemlock, poison parsley, California fern, Nebraska fern, winter fern, Conium maculatum, poisonous plant
- usage: large branching biennial herb native to Eurasia and Africa and adventive in North America having large fernlike leaves and white flowers; usually found in damp habitats; all parts extremely poisonous
- 3. hemlock, wood
- usage: soft coarse splintery wood of a hemlock tree especially the western hemlock
- 4. hemlock, hemlock tree, conifer, coniferous tree
- usage: an evergreen tree
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hemlock (Dictionary)