Synonyms of herald
- 1. herald, trumpeter, messenger, courier
- usage: (formal) a person who announces important news; "the chieftain had a herald who announced his arrival with a trumpet"
- 2. harbinger, forerunner, predecessor, herald, precursor, indication, indicant
- usage: something that precedes and indicates the approach of something or someone
- 1. announce, annunciate, harbinger, foretell, herald, tell
- usage: foreshadow or presage
- 2. acclaim, hail, herald, applaud
- usage: praise vociferously; "The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein"
- 3. hail, herald, greet, recognize, recognise
- usage: greet enthusiastically or joyfully
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of herald (Dictionary)