- 1. hide, conceal
- usage: prevent from being seen or discovered; "Muslim women hide their faces"; "hide the money"
- 2. hide, hide out
- usage: be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety; "Probably his horse would be close to where he was hiding"; "She is hiding out in a cabin in Montana"
- 3. shroud, enshroud, hide, cover, envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- usage: cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
- 4. obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil, hide, change, alter, modify
- usage: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concealed, hidden, out of sight, invisible (vs. visible), unseeable
- usage: not accessible to view; "concealed (or hidden) damage"; "in stormy weather the stars are out of sight"
- 2. hidden, secret, concealed (vs. unconcealed)
- usage: designed to elude detection; "a hidden room or place of concealment such as a priest hole"; "a secret passage"; "the secret compartment in the desk"
- 3. hidden, obscure, concealed (vs. unconcealed)
- usage: difficult to find; "hidden valleys"; "a hidden cave"; "an obscure retreat"
All rights reserved.
See also: hidden (Dictionary)