- 1. concealment, concealing, hiding, activity
- usage: the activity of keeping something secret
- 2. hiding, privacy, privateness, secrecy, concealment
- usage: the state of being hidden; "he went into hiding"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hide, conceal
- usage: prevent from being seen or discovered; "Muslim women hide their faces"; "hide the money"
- 2. hide, hide out
- usage: be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety; "Probably his horse would be close to where he was hiding"; "She is hiding out in a cabin in Montana"
- 3. shroud, enshroud, hide, cover, envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- usage: cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
- 4. obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil, hide, change, alter, modify
- usage: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
All rights reserved.
See also: hiding (Dictionary)