WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. historical (vs. ahistorical)
- usage: of or relating to the study of history; "historical scholars"; "a historical perspective"
- 2. historical, real (vs. unreal), existent
- usage: having once lived or existed or taken place in the real world as distinct from being legendary; "the historical Jesus"; "doubt that a historical Camelot every existed"; "actual historical events"
- 3. historic, historical, past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: belonging to the past; of what is important or famous in the past; "historic victories"; "historical (or historic) times"; "a historical character"
- 4. diachronic (vs. synchronic), historical
- usage: used of the study of a phenomenon (especially language) as it changes through time; "diachronic linguistics"
All rights reserved.
See also: historical (Dictionary)