Synonyms of hoist
- 1. hoist, lifting device
- usage: lifting device for raising heavy or cumbersome objects
- 1. hoist, lift, wind, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
- 2. hoist, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: move from one place to another by lifting; "They hoisted the patient onto the operating table"
- 3. hoist, run up, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: raise; "hoist the flags"; "hoist a sail"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hoist (Dictionary)