Synonyms of hold over
- 1. holdover, hangover, official, functionary
- usage: an official who remains in office after his term
- 2. hangover, holdover, survival
- usage: something that has survived from the past; "a holdover from the sixties"; "hangovers from the 19th century"
- 1. hold over, intimidate
- usage: intimidate somebody (with a threat); "She was holding it over him"
- 2. carry over, hold over, keep, hold on
- usage: hold over goods to be sold for the next season
- 3. hold over, keep, maintain, hold
- usage: keep in a position or state from an earlier period of time
- 4. hold over, stay, stay on, continue, remain
- usage: continue a term of office past the normal period of time
- 5. postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off, delay
- usage: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
All rights reserved.