Synonyms of hole
- 1. hole, opening, gap
- usage: an opening into or through something
- 2. hole, opening
- usage: an opening deliberately made in or through something
- 3. hole, golf hole, playing period, period of play, play
- usage: one playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course; "he played 18 holes"
- 4. hole, space
- usage: an unoccupied space
- 5. hole, hollow, natural depression, depression
- usage: a depression hollowed out of solid matter
- 6. hole, defect, fault, flaw
- usage: a fault; "he shot holes in my argument"
- 7. fix, hole, jam, mess, muddle, pickle, kettle of fish, difficulty
- usage: informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- 8. trap, cakehole, hole, maw, yap, gob, mouth, oral cavity, oral fissure, rima oris
- usage: informal terms for the mouth
- 1. hole, hole out, hit
- usage: hit the ball into the hole
- 2. hole, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: make holes in
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hole (Dictionary)