- 1. Hollywood, film industry, movie industry
- usage: the film industry of the United States
- 2. Hollywood, spirit, tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smell
- usage: a flashy vulgar tone or atmosphere believed to be characteristic of the American film industry; "some people in publishing think of theirs as a glamorous medium so they copy the glitter of Hollywood"
- 3. Hollywood
- usage: a district of Los Angeles long associated with the American film industry
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Hollywood
- usage: of or relating to the film industry in the United States; "a Hollywood actor"
- 2. Hollywood, indecent (vs. decent)
- usage: flashy and vulgar; "young white women dressed Hollywood style"; "Hollywood philandering"
All rights reserved.
See also: hollywood (Dictionary)