WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Sherlock Holmes, Holmes
- usage: a fictitious detective in stories by A. Conan Doyle
- 2. Holmes, Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
- usage: United States jurist noted for his liberal opinions (1841-1935)
- 3. Holmes, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- usage: United States writer of humorous essays (1809-1894)
- 4. Holmes, Arthur Holmes
- usage: English geologist and supporter of the theory of continental drift (1890-1965)
All rights reserved.
See also: holmes (Dictionary)