Synonyms of home
- 1. home, place, residence, abode
- usage: where you live at a particular time; "deliver the package to my home"; "he doesn't have a home to go to"; "your place or mine?"
- 2. dwelling, home, domicile, abode, habitation, dwelling house, housing, lodging, living accommodations
- usage: housing that someone is living in; "he built a modest dwelling near the pond"; "they raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
- 3. home, location
- usage: the country or state or city where you live; "Canadian tariffs enabled United States lumber companies to raise prices at home"; "his home is New Jersey"
- 4. home plate, home base, home, plate, base, bag
- usage: (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score; "he ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
- 5. base, home, location
- usage: the place where you are stationed and from which missions start and end
- 6. home, beginning, origin, root, rootage, source
- usage: place where something began and flourished; "the United States is the home of basketball"
- 7. home, environment
- usage: an environment offering affection and security; "home is where the heart is"; "he grew up in a good Christian home"; "there's no place like home"
- 8. family, household, house, home, menage, unit, social unit
- usage: a social unit living together; "he moved his family to Virginia"; "It was a good Christian household"; "I waited until the whole house was asleep"; "the teacher asked how many people made up his home"
- 9. home, nursing home, rest home, institution
- usage: an institution where people are cared for; "a home for the elderly"
- 1. home, house, put up, domiciliate
- usage: provide with, or send to, a home
- 2. home, return
- usage: return home accurately from a long distance; "homing pigeons"
- 1. home(prenominal) (vs. away)
- usage: used of your own ground; "a home game"
- 2. home
- usage: relating to or being where one lives or where one's roots are; "my home town"
- 3. home(prenominal), interior(prenominal), internal, national, domestic (vs. foreign)
- usage: inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
- 1. home
- usage: at or to or in the direction of one's home or family; "He stays home on weekends"; "after the game the children brought friends home for supper"; "I'll be home tomorrow"; "came riding home in style"; "I hope you will come home for Christmas"; "I'll take her home"; "don't forget to write home"
- 2. home
- usage: on or to the point aimed at; "the arrow struck home"
- 3. home
- usage: to the fullest extent; to the heart; "drove the nail home"; "drove his point home"; "his comments hit home"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of home (Dictionary)