Synonyms of hooking
- 1. hook, draw, hooking, golf stroke, golf shot, swing
- usage: a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his hooking"
- 1. hook, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a hook
- 2. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- 3. crochet, hook, loop, intertwine
- usage: make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle; "She sat there crocheting all day"
- 4. hook, hit
- usage: hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left
- 5. hook, snitch, thieve, cop, knock off, glom, steal
- usage: take by theft; "Someone snitched my wallet!"
- 6. pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift, steal
- usage: make off with belongings of others
- 7. hook, hit
- usage: hit with a hook; "His opponent hooked him badly"
- 8. hook, catch, grab, take hold of
- usage: catch with a hook; "hook a fish"
- 9. addict, hook, habituate, accustom
- usage: to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- 10. hook, play
- usage: secure with the foot; "hook the ball"
- 11. hook, snare, entice, lure, tempt
- usage: entice and trap; "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"
- 12. hook, solicit, accost, offer
- usage: approach with an offer of sexual favors; "he was solicited by a prostitute"; "The young man was caught soliciting in the park"
All rights reserved.