- 1. hop, jump, jumping
- usage: the act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)
- 2. hop, hops, vine
- usage: twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer
- 3. hop, record hop, dance
- usage: an informal dance where popular music is played
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hop, skip, hop-skip, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: jump lightly
- 2. hop, move
- usage: move quickly from one place to another
- 3. hop, travel
- usage: travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.; "She hopped a train to Chicago"; "He hopped rides all over the country"
- 4. hop, traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across
- usage: traverse as if by a short airplane trip; "Hop the Pacific Ocean"
- 5. hop, clear, top
- usage: jump across; "He hopped the bush"
- 6. hop, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: make a jump forward or upward
All rights reserved.
See also: hop (Dictionary)