- 1. horse, Equus caballus, equine, equid
- usage: solid-hoofed herbivorous quadruped domesticated since prehistoric times
- 2. horse, gymnastic horse, gymnastic apparatus, exerciser
- usage: a padded gymnastic apparatus on legs
- 3. cavalry, horse cavalry, horse, military personnel, soldiery, troops
- usage: troops trained to fight on horseback; "500 horse led the attack"
- 4. sawhorse, horse, sawbuck, buck, framework
- usage: a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
- 5. knight, horse, chessman, chess piece
- usage: a chessman shaped to resemble the head of a horse; can move two squares horizontally and one vertically (or vice versa)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. horse, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide with a horse or horses
All rights reserved.
See also: horse (Dictionary)