WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hour, hr, 60 minutes, time unit, unit of time
- usage: a period of time equal to 1/24th of a day; "the job will take more than an hour"
- 2. hour, time of day, clock time, time
- usage: clock time; "the hour is getting late"
- 3. hour, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a special and memorable period; "it was their finest hour"
- 4. hour, minute, distance
- usage: distance measured by the time taken to cover it; "we live an hour from the airport"; "its just 10 minutes away"
All rights reserved.
See also: hour (Dictionary)