WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hover, vibrate, vacillate, oscillate, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action; "He oscillates between accepting the new position and retirement"
- 2. hover, linger, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: move to and fro; "The shy student lingered in the corner"
- 3. hover, fly, wing
- usage: hang in the air; fly or be suspended above
- 4. levitate, hover
- usage: be suspended in the air, as if in defiance of gravity; "The guru claimed that he could levitate"
- 5. brood, hover, loom, bulk large, hang
- usage: hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
All rights reserved.
See also: hover (Dictionary)