Synonyms of howl
- 1. howl, howling, ululation, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a long loud emotional utterance; "he gave a howl of pain"; "howls of laughter"; "their howling had no effect"
- 2. howl, cry
- usage: the long plaintive cry of a hound or a wolf
- 3. howl, noise
- usage: a loud sustained noise resembling the cry of a hound; "the howl of the wind made him restless"
- 1. howl, ululate, wail, roar, yawl, yaup, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
- 2. howl, wrawl, yammer, yowl, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: cry loudly, as of animals; "The coyotes were howling in the desert"
- 3. roar, howl, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles; "The wind was howling in the trees"; "The water roared down the chute"
- 4. roar, howl, laugh, express joy, express mirth
- usage: laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of howl (Dictionary)