- 1. travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
- 2. rush, hasten, hurry, look sharp, festinate, act, move
- usage: act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
- 3. rush, hurry, urge, urge on, press, exhort
- usage: urge to an unnatural speed; "Don't rush me, please!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hurried (vs. unhurried), flying, quick, fast, hasty, headlong, hasty, overhasty, precipitate, precipitant, precipitous, helter-skelter, pell-mell, rush(prenominal), rushed, fast
- usage: moving rapidly or performed quickly or in great haste; "a hurried trip to the store"; "the hurried life of a city"; "a hurried job"
All rights reserved.
See also: hurried (Dictionary)