- 1. hurry, haste, urgency
- usage: a condition of urgency making it necessary to hurry; "in a hurry to lock the door"
- 2. haste, hastiness, hurry, hurriedness, precipitation, speed, swiftness, fastness
- usage: overly eager speed (and possible carelessness); "he soon regretted his haste"
- 3. haste, hurry, rush, rushing, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
- 2. rush, hasten, hurry, look sharp, festinate, act, move
- usage: act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
- 3. rush, hurry, urge, urge on, press, exhort
- usage: urge to an unnatural speed; "Don't rush me, please!"
All rights reserved.
See also: hurry (Dictionary)