- 1. soporific, hypnotic, drug, hypnagogue
- usage: a drug that induces sleep
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hypnotic
- usage: of or relating to hypnosis
- 2. hypnotic, mesmeric, mesmerizing, spellbinding, attractive (vs. unattractive)
- usage: attracting and holding interest as if by a spell; "read the bedtime story in a hypnotic voice"; "she had a warm mesmeric charm"; "the sheer force of his presence was mesmerizing"; "a spellbinding description of life in ancient Rome"
All rights reserved.
See also: hypnotic (Dictionary)