usage: recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the 'wanted' poster"
2. name, identify, denote, refer
usage: give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
3. identify, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
usage: consider (oneself) as similar to somebody else; "He identified with the refugees"
4. identify, associate, tie in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect
usage: conceive of as united or associated; "Sex activity is closely identified with the hypothalamus"
5. identify, discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe, name
usage: identify as in botany or biology, for example
6. identify, recognize, recognise
usage: consider to be equal or the same; "He identified his brother as one of the fugitives"
1. identified, known (vs. unknown)
usage: having the identity known or established; "the identified bodies were released for burial"