Synonyms of illuminated
- 1. light, illume, illumine, light up, illuminate, lighten, lighten up
- usage: make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
- 2. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- 3. illuminate, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: add embellishments and paintings to (medieval manuscripts)
- 1. illuminated, lighted, lit, well-lighted, light (vs. dark)
- usage: provided with artificial light; "illuminated advertising"; "looked up at the lighted windows"; "a brightly lit room"; "a well-lighted stairwell"
All rights reserved.