Synonyms of imitation
- 1. imitation, doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought, ism
- usage: the doctrine that representations of nature or human behavior should be accurate imitations
- 2. imitation, copy
- usage: something copied or derived from an original
- 3. imitation, copying
- usage: copying (or trying to copy) the actions of someone else
- 4. caricature, imitation, impersonation, wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
- usage: a representation of a person that is exaggerated for comic effect
- 1. fake, false, faux, imitation, simulated, artificial (vs. natural), unreal
- usage: not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn't fake anything; it's real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of imitation (Dictionary)