Synonyms of immediate
- 1. immediate, present(prenominal) (vs. future) (vs. past)
- usage: of the present time and place; "the immediate revisions"
- 2. contiguous, immediate, close (vs. distant)
- usage: very close or connected in space or time; "contiguous events"; "immediate contact"; "the immediate vicinity"; "the immediate past"
- 3. immediate (vs. mediate), direct, unmediated
- usage: having no intervening medium; "an immediate influence"
- 4. immediate, proximate (vs. ultimate)
- usage: immediately before or after as in a chain of cause and effect; "the immediate result"; "the immediate cause of the trouble"
- 5. immediate, prompt, quick, straightaway, fast (vs. slow)
- usage: performed with little or no delay; "an immediate reply to my letter"; "a prompt reply"; "was quick to respond"; "a straightaway denial"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of immediate (Dictionary)